Administrative Assistant – Contract
Central London (currently remote based due to COVID-19)
Do you have exceptional communication skills, a highly organised approach and a great eye for detail? Want to take on an engaging contract with an organisation that’s making a positive impact on the UK education system? If so, read on.
We are the Education Endowment Foundation (EEF), an independent grant-making charity that is committed to ensuring that children from all backgrounds can fulfil their potential and make the most of their talents.
We offer grants to a variety of organisations, such as schools, local authorities and charities, to trial new ways of helping 3 – 18 year olds succeed, whether that’s improving their educational performance, giving them valuable life skills or preparing them for the world of work or further study.
COVID-19 has had a significant impact on pupils’ learning. In response to the unprecedented closure of schools to most pupils, we’ve helped launch the National Tutoring Programme, as well as a range of resources to support home learning.
We’re currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to join us on a 12 month fixed-term contract and provide additional support to all areas of the National Tutoring Programme and EEF’s work.
- Salary of £20,000 - £30,000 per annum DOE
- Flexible start and end working times (core hours between 10am and 4pm)
- Flexible working opportunities
- 27 days’ holiday per annum plus Bank Holidays
- Pension matched with a 5% employer contribution
- Life insurance cover
- Interest-free season ticket loan and cycle scheme
- Enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave pay (conditions apply)
- Confidential Employee Assistance Programme to help you deal with any personal and professional problems
This is a great opportunity to gain experience in the charity sector while supporting the day-to-day running of an organisation that’s striving to break the link between family income and educational achievement.
You’ll have the chance to get involved with a variety of tasks, including communications, office support, events and governance, making this the ideal role in which to strengthen your existing expertise.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will provide a high level of administrative support to our organisation.
You’ll join the National Tutoring Programme Team, a government-funded, sector-led initiative to support schools in addressing the impact of COVID-19 school closures on pupils’ learning.
Some of your duties will include:
- Responding to telephone, email and mail enquiries
- Providing PA support to our Deputy CEO and National Tutoring Partners Director
- Taking minutes at committee meetings
- Organising events including seminars, roundtable events and conferences
To join us as an Administrative Assistant, you will need:
- Experience with CRM software, such as Salesforce
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- The ability to prepare reports, support materials, correspondence and policy briefings/papers to a high standard
- Strong relationship-building skills and the ability to relate to people at all levels of an organisation
- Excellent attention to detail
- A genuine interest in the education sector and a commitment to the aims and mission of the EEF
Experience of any of the following would be beneficial: working as an administrative assistant, managing a range of projects, or working in an educational, charity or not-for-profit setting. A degree (or equivalent) would also be an advantage.
Other organisations may call this role Administrator, PA, EA, Personal Assistant, Executive Assistant, Team Administrator, Office Administrator, Programme Administrator, or Project Administrator.
The closing date for applications is the 20th August 2020.
The EEF is committed to creating a diverse environment and ensuring that all qualified applicants receive equal consideration for employment. We are committed to fair and inclusive recruitment practices (and are open to job shares, secondments, part time and flexible working schedules).
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as our Administrative Assistant, please select the apply button shown to be brought to our website.
You will be asked to submit your CV and a covering letter. Your letter should be no more than 700 words and should outline (1) your particular interest in this position at the EEF, and (2) how you think you match what we’re looking for, drawing on specific examples.
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Administrative Assistant – Contract