Cyber Security Apprenticeship
London, SW1 (initially home based)
Do you have a great eye for detail and good communication skills? Are you passionate about cyber security and IT? If so, this is an exciting opportunity to gain valuable industry experience and help to protect the assets of a successful international business.
Who will I be working for?
GK Apprenticeships are recruiting on behalf of Anglo American, a global mining organisation. Serving customers across the globe, they find, build, mine and sell a range of high-quality products and are the world’s largest producer of platinum.
They are currently looking for a Cyber Security Apprentice to join them on a two year apprenticeship, starting mid-September 2020.
What are the benefits?
- Salary of £22,000 per annum
- Complete a Level 4 Cyber Security Technologist apprenticeship
- Learn from a talented team
- The potential to become a GRC Analyst once you’ve completed your apprenticeship
- Offices close to transport links in Piccadilly and Charing Cross
- Finish early on Fridays
What will I be doing?
The Cyber Security Apprentice will support the Global IM Security Team by monitoring compliance to Anglo American security policies and frameworks, support the production of reports and assist with the facilitation of the security risk and governance processes including the documenting of risks into the risk register.
Key internal relationships:
- Global IM Security Team
- IM Architects
- Front Line Services and IM Regional Support Specialists
- Audit Specialist
- IM Governance Specialists
Key external relationships:
- HCL, Accenture and British Telecom
- Security and Infrastructure Service Providers and Contractors/Consultants
- Internal Auditors
- Provide support to security risk assessments across the organisation
- Assist with the monitoring of risk management actions, controls implementation and mitigations across Anglo American
What do I need?
To become a Cyber Security Apprentice, you’ll need:
- At a minimum, A Levels (or equivalent)
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to communicate with team members and stakeholders in an effective manner
- An appreciation of different thoughts and opinions
- The ability to work with diverse teams and be sensitive to local social, political and cultural realities
- To be comfortable interacting across different channels i.e. face-to-face and virtually (instant messaging, email, phone, Skype and video conference)
Spanish or Portuguese language skills would be beneficial to your application, but this is by no means essential.
Other organisations may call this role Information Security Apprentice, Risk & Compliance Apprentice, Junior GRC Analyst, or Junior Cyber Security Analyst.
Due to COVID-19, this position will initially be home based. In 2021, you will be based at the Anglo American London office.
So, if you are seeking your next challenge as a Cyber Security Apprentice, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Working hours: 9:00 – 17:30, Monday – Thursday and 9:00 – 17:00 on Friday
Cyber Security Apprenticeship