Head of Procurement
Flexible location (We have offices in Nottingham, Uttoxeter, Birmingham, Kent, Oxford, London or Cheshire)
We’re Air IT, an incredible MSP with the history and expertise to provide an amazing array of services and a bright future ahead of us.
We’ve grown a lot since our beginnings back in 2005. We’re proud to have brought together nine leading companies as a family, with more on the horizon. Now, with an office presence across the UK, we are extremely honoured to have been recognised with a range of regional, national and industry awards for growth, innovation, dedication and success throughout our journey.
Excited for our future, we’ve got a great mission and vision and a clearly defined strategy to empower our teams and make sure we can bring out the best in our people to provide unrivalled IT and Cyber Security support, solutions and services to local SMEs, nationwide.
We’re now looking for a Head of Procurement to lead our Procurement Team. This role can be based within a commutable distance from any of our offices in the following locations Nottingham, Uttoxeter, Birmingham, Kent, Oxford, London or Cheshire.
As our Head of Procurement, you’ll be responsible for our buying strategy, pricing and the ownership of all Group suppliers.
In this key role, you will manage and oversee the procurement function and team and will focus on developing procurement strategies that are inventive and cost-effective.
You’ll design and lead tender processes to obtain best pricing, lead the sourcing of local, national and global suppliers and will ensure all suppliers are compliant with current trading legislation.
Additionally, you will:
- Manage and support national logistics for all purchases
- Work closely with the Chief Technology Officer on supplier selection
- Provide weekly and monthly procurement and stock reporting
- Perform risk assessments on potential contracts and agreements
- A competitive package
- Attractive remuneration packages (we prefer to talk face-to-face about your needs)
- Benefits such as health insurance, tiered pension, childcare vouchers and mileage allowance
- Perks including quarterly and annual staff awards
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- A focus on health, wellbeing, inclusivity and diversity
- Hybrid and flexible working forming the keystones of our future working
This is an unmissable opportunity for a high-calibre individual with exceptional experience within procurement to join our award-winning organisation.
In this role, you will have the chance to showcase your extensive knowledge and skill set, leading a talented team to ensure our procurement strategies are innovative and cost-effective.
So, if you have a commitment to excellence and want to help us to continue our mission of empowering people to succeed through technology, we want to hear from you.
To be considered as the Head of Procurement, you will need:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience of managing a team across several locations
- Experience of running end-to-end IT
- An expert understanding of procurement
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel
- A professional payroll qualification (CIPS or equivalent) and/or extensive experience in a comparable role
Other organisations may call this role Senior Procurement Manager, Procurement Manager, Logistics Supply and Chain Manager, Purchasing & Procurement Director, Purchasing Operations Manager, or Head of Purchasing.
Webrecruit and Air IT are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re looking for an engaging and varied role as our Head of Procurement, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Head of Procurement