Youth Project Lead
Location : Based in Hainault, East London (but with travel to other boroughs for pick-ups, you may also be required to visit our sites in South Yorkshire for training and development as needed)
Hours : Full time (9am-5pm Monday-Friday)
Salary : £34,500
Contract Term : Permanent
Start Date : Immediate
- Must own your own car in order to carry out student pick ups, ensuring that the necessary business cover has been added to car insurance and that tax and MOT are in place and maintained
- Must be prepared to have a reference check carried out prior to interview
- 9 weeks holiday per academic year to be taken during school holidays
- Mileage allowance per mile for work related journeys
- Outstanding CPD opportunities with first class training provided
Are you currently working in education and looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people with SEN/D? Do you want a job where you will experience genuine job satisfaction?
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and driven SEN/D practitioner to work in our East London project, to support young people to thrive both inside and outside of the classroom.
The Really NEET Project is a Post 16 Training Provider that works with 16-24 year old’s with SEN/D who are currently NEET or at risk of being NEET (not in education, employment or training). Our approach is very much person centred and based around meeting the needs of the learners. Students are taught either one-to-one or in small groups (never more than 10 students, though typically around 5), so being able to build relationships is at the heart of what we do.
If you want to work somewhere that values both its staff and students, then Really NEET would welcome your application.
- You will be responsible for the day to day running of our Hainault centre that works specifically with learners aged 16-24 all with EHCP’s and varying levels of additional need
- You will be responsible for a caseload of up to 30 - 40 learners
- You will line manage a high performing team of six and support the team’s development through performance management, supervision and appraisals
- To lead and motivate your staff team to achieve exemplary high-performance standards
- You will act as the main point of contact for families, services and Local Authorities
- To lead contract monitoring meetings with Local Authorities clearly articulating the progress towards outcomes for all our students
- To provide a high-quality student experience that enables students to succeed beyond their expectations
- To ensure that the project continually strives to meet the needs of all its learners, implementing interventions where necessary to ensure that this is maintained
- You will take a lead on behaviour management and model the expectations of behaviour management to all staff using Really NEETs own Diffuse, Distract, Discipline methodology
- To ensure that awareness of SEND issues is maintained across the staff team
- Responsible for over-seeing the progression of learners on completion of the course, ensuring that all learners have a positive progression pathway to go on to at the end of their time with Really NEET
- Support teaching staff to set targets for raising achievement among SEN pupils and other groups as appropriate.
- Promote Inclusion best practice and contribute to the aims and ethos of the college
- To interpret the recommendations of Educational Psychologist, Occupational Therapist and other reports and to disseminate them so that they are effectively implemented in the classroom
- To participate in weekly group engagement activities such as bowling, horse riding, climbing, graffiti workshops etc to ensure you build a strong rapport with all students
- To carry out student pick-ups/drop offs to and from home using own car that is covered by your own business insurance (you will be given a mileage allowance)
The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the school as may be reasonable expected, without changing the general character of the duties or the level of responsibility entailed. This is a common occurrence and would not justify a reconsideration of salary.
The priorities for each year will be reviewed against this job description annually through performance management meetings and appraisals.
Please note that we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our pupils and expect all those who work with us to share this commitment. Successful applicants will need to undertake a DBS Enhanced Clearance check (Disclosure and Barring Service).
So, if you can engage youngsters as Youth Project Lead, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Youth Project Lead