Job Title: Catering Assistant FTC
Hours: 18 hours per week working 3 days out of 7. Shifts 08:00 - 14:00 / 11:30- 18:00
Salary: £18,525 FTE. Actual salary £8,892
Closing date: 19th August 2022
**Fixed term for 6 months**
You are advised to submit your application as soon as possible as we reserve the right to close posts at any time. We advise you to submit your application as early as possible to prevent disappointment.
Are you a confident and experienced kitchen assistant with experience of working in a caring environment? Do you want a rewarding job that makes a difference to local people? Do you want to work for an award-winning employer that’s been voted by staff to be one of the Top 10 Best Not-For-Profit’s to work for in the whole of the UK?
If the answer to the questions above is yes, then team Dove House is for you!
A little bit about us…..
Dove House Hospice are specialists in palliative care, which is the total care of patients whose illness is no longer curable and for whom the goal must be quality of life. The hospice supports patients and those who care about them to live every moment. It is our vision to provide a sustainable, comfortable and caring environment in which to offer exceptional person-centred care.
All roles throughout the organisation contribute to making our vision a reality for those who rely on us to provide the care that is right for them, in the place of their choice.
If you are looking for a new challenge and the opportunity to make a real difference, we would love to hear from you.
• Up to date basic Food Hygiene certificate
• Experience of working in a caring environment
• Experience of basic food preparation
• Be able to work as part of a team
• Ability to work within a customer focus service
• Good listening skills
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Friendly, caring attitude
• Flexible approach to working hours and be able to work weekends, shifts and bank holidays.
About the role:
• Working as part of the catering team the job holder will be required to assist the Head Cook and Cooks in preparing, cooking and serving a wide range of dishes for patients, children (Little Owls Nursery), staff, visitors/customers (mainly in our Café Dulcies)
and functions/training courses in accordance with agreed menus
• Under the guidance of the Head Cook/Cook, undertakes the preparation of raw foodstuffs, cooking of raw foodstuffs and service of meals
• Meals, to be prepared in accordance with dietary needs discussed with the Senior Clinician
• Working as part of a team on a rota system occasionally it will be necessary to adjust your shift pattern to provide holiday or sickness cover.
• Supervise the work of the volunteers.
Dove House Hospice were proud to be awarded 2 stars by Best Companies for ‘outstanding’ levels of staff engagement for 2020 and were placed 10th in the Sunday Times Top 100 Not For Profit Awards 2020.
Our comprehensive benefits include:
• Ongoing CPD with potential progression into future roles
• Health Service Discounts on big name brands
• Access to a health purchase plan
• 22 days annual leave (plus a holiday purchase scheme)
• Christmas savings club
• Corporate membership discount at Hull Culture & Leisure
• Free annual flu jab
• Free onsite parking
If you want to join a team that work together seamlessly to ensure the care never stops, have a look at the full job description and person specification and if this is the position for you apply NOW for this fantastic opportunity to be part of something amazing!
Job Title: Catering Assistant FTC