Yusen Logistics is working to become the world’s preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we’re dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world’s preferred choice.
We are looking for 2 Senior Application Specialists (WMS) to be based in Northampton. The roles will be based at our site in Grange Park (NN4 5FB). Site visits to other Yusen warehouses may be required.
The position holders will support the warehouse operations in the design, development, configuration, and deployment of Warehouse Management Systems (Manhattan WMi and Scale). They will also manage medium sized projects and ensure delivery to specification, time, and budget.
The roles will offer a salary of up to £55K (DOE) with the opportunity to work remotely up to 4 days per week (subject to business requirements).
a. Provide technical support to customers. Become their Super User but within an IT environment
b. Incident and problem management
c. Adhere to incident management controls, tools and SLA’s
2. Solution Design
a. Evaluate customer needs and requirements
b. Present proposed, costed options.
c. Propose system configuration to meet requirements and agree functional specifications
a. Configure relevant systems to meet agreed requirements and specifications
b. Test solution and present to UAT
4. Project Management
a. Provide necessary project controls to deliver the solution, using Yusen PM tools
b. Liaison and management of external parties where required
c. Manage project budgets
a. Provide appropriate training and materials for delivered solutions
• A level in Mathematics, English and Science or equivalent experience required
• Fully conversant with Manhattan Associates WMS (WMi, WMo, Scale) at a technical level, having worked in a 3PL environment, where you have provided second line support, and a full configuration service to required specifications.
• Experience in design, configuration and implementation of several warehouses using Manhattan products.
• Experience from a fast-moving E-Commerce environment and a working understanding of API’s, REST and SOAP.
• Technical understanding of JSON and XML
• Detailed understanding of system-to-system integration using traditional EDI tools.
• Demonstrable experience of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) using associated tools.
• Skilled in the production of scope and functional specification documents
• Commercial awareness and able to provide input to the production of cost/benefit analysis.
• Excellent stakeholder management skills
• Able to learn new systems quickly.
• At ease working under pressure to cost and time deadlines
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
• Flexible approach - the position will occasionally be required to provide on call support
• Driving Licence - occasional travel to other sites may be required
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Yusen Logistics is an equal opportunities employer, who encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of their personal circumstances. We make our recruiting decisions solely based on the skillset and experience. Diversity allows us to create an inclusive environment, where our employees can strive and grow their potential.