Yusen Logistics is working to become the world’s preferred supply chain logistics company. Our complete offer is designed to forge better connections between businesses, customers and communities - through innovative supply chain management, freight forwarding, warehousing and distribution services. As a company we’re dedicated to a culture of continuous improvement, ensuring everyone who works with us is committed, connected and creative in making us the world’s preferred choice.
We are looking for 3 IT Support Analysts (home based) with occasional travel to the office.
The position holders will troubleshoot and fix individual and business IT issues. They will identify trends in tickets and work to resolve the bigger picture issues. You may have to travel to other sites to give support.
The role will offer a salary of £30k (depending on experience) plus £1300 shift allowance per annum with the opportunity to work remotely (subject to business requirements). You will be expected to work on a rotational shift basis.
1. IT Infrastructure
a. Working with project teams, to transition projects into BAU ensuring that documentation is maintained and kept up to date.
b. Providing 2nd line user, hardware, software and network support for Yusen staff across multiple sites via our incident and request management system (Service Now), phone and email.
c. To provide infrastructure support so that any problems are identified and resolved quickly (software, hardware and network).
d. Ensure data backups (daily/weekly/monthly) capture all data that allows for file and application data recovery and complete system rebuilds.
e. Basic networking understanding and troubleshooting, e.g. IP addressing, diagnostic tools, VLANs, protocols, wireless, switching and routing
f. Work with team to handle ongoing maintenance e.g., service pack installations, hot fixes, software upgrades, etc
g. Ensure that anti-virus tools are up to date across the estate.
h. Work as part of the team distribute knowledge and ensure training is given to 1st line support and work with 3rd line to increase your own knowledge.
i. Ensure infrastructure work instructions are always fully and accurately documented, in a consistent manner
j. Ensure all policies and procedures for change management are adhered to.
2. Continuous Improvement
a. Maintain up to date knowledge of industry trends and initiatives, recommending and implementing as appropriate to ensure we remain current with new technology.
• MCSE certification
• Relevant IT support experience
• Experience of computer hardware/software innovation and delivery
• Good knowledge of Active Directory user/group management
• A strong focus on service delivery and customer satisfaction
• Attention to detail with a methodical and thorough approach to work
• Ability to perform complex troubleshooting to isolate, diagnose, and correct problems
• Able to use initiative to find and implement solutions
• TCP/IP and networking
• Disaster recovery and business continuity planning
• Understanding of the internet and related technologies
• Strong customer service and communication skills (both verbal and written)
• Flexible and willing to learn new technologies and applications
• Full driving licence as role will require occasional travel around the UK
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Yusen Logistics is an equal opportunities employer, who encourages applications from all suitably qualified and eligible applicants regardless of their personal circumstances. We make our recruiting decisions solely based on the skillset and experience. Diversity allows us to create an inclusive environment, where our employees can strive and grow their potential.