Front of House and Facilities Coordinator
Hours: Full Time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £23,000 to £25,000 p/a depending on experience, plus excellent benefits package
Location: London, Farringdon
Do you have excellent customer service skills and pride yourself being well organised? Are you a team player with a can-do attitude and a flexible approach to working?
If this sounds like you, then take your next step with us.
We are the Institution of Structural Engineers. The world’s largest membership body dedicated to the art and science of structural engineering. We represent the best creatives and innovators in the profession at a global level and tackling climate change is at the top of our agenda.
As a Front of House (FOH) and Facilities Coordinator, you will provide a professional and customer focused front of house service. You will support the Facilities team in delivering building management and maintenance; alongside the setup of our conference/meeting rooms.
You will act as a main point of contact for all Institution enquiries, visitors, and deliveries via the switchboard and will deliver a FOH and Facilities comprehensive service to all our customers, internal and external.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
1. Answer inbound enquiries including emails and the main switchboard in a professional, friendly manner, providing first line assistance as appropriate.
2. Be first point of contact for all incoming and outgoing post, parcels & deliveries.
3. Liaise and work with the Facilities Team to prepare meeting rooms in advance of bookings: ensure all equipment is in good working order, check meeting room facilities are fully stocked.
4. Support the Facilities Manager and Facilities Coordinator with delivery of routine Health and Safety checks and processes, supporting the updating of records as required
5. Carry out minor building maintenance requests, as requested by the Facilities Manager and Facilities Coordinator.
6. Support all events, as required, including and not limited to; meet and greet, hospitality preparation and service, clear down and cleaning of hospitality equipment and areas. This may involve some ‘out of hours’ working.
Shift patterns vary 8am - 4pm or 10am - 6pm with out of these hours work required on occasion to cover evening and weekend events.
Training will be provided to the successful candidate alongside the opportunity to request further learning and development opportunities to grow within the organisation.
To be shortlisted for this post, you must have:
- Experience supporting the delivery of conference/meeting room services
- Experience meeting and greeting on a front of house corporate reception or similar or/and
- Experience working within facilities or building maintenance
- Excellent organisational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
What we can offer you:
- 25 days' paid annual leave (increasing with service to 28 days) plus bank holidays and flexi leave
- A pension scheme with up to 8% employer contributions
- Life Insurance
- Private Medical Insurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Continuous Professional Development
We are based on the edge of the city, our office is bright, modern, and open plan. We are a small and friendly workforce.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to enable you to complete your application or would like us to apply reasonable adjustments when reviewing your application, please contact our team as soon as possible to discuss your needs.
Please note, we reserve the right to close or extend this position depending on application numbers. Therefore, we urge candidates to apply as soon as possible. Applications are sifted on receipt and shortlisted candidates are contacted to invite to an interview.
The Institution does not hold a visa sponsor licence, therefore, applicants who do not have the right to work in the UK and/or require visa sponsorship to continue working in the UK cannot be considered.
The Institution strives to have a diverse and inclusive workforce, where we can all be ourselves. We are an equal opportunities employer and value diversity and the perspectives people from different istructe.org backgrounds bring. Applicants will not be excluded on the grounds of sex, gender reassignment, pregnancy, maternity, race, marital status, disability, age, religion and belief or sexual orientation.
If you feel you have the skills, experience, and expertise we’re looking for and if this post sounds like the challenge you are seeking, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Front of House and Facilities Coordinator