Job title: Integration Specialist
Salary: £45,000 - £49,500 per annum
Location: Burford, OX18 4PF - We're open to a variety of ways of working, including full time, compressed hours and hybrid working.
Closing date: Sunday 12 February 2022
Interview date: w/c Monday 20 February 2023
Blue Cross are one of the UK’s leading animal welfare organisations for animals. We support sick, injured and homeless pets and care for more than 40,000 animals every year through our rehoming, veterinary and education programmes.
About the role
As an Integration Specialist you will be responsible for designing, creating, and supporting system integration, data transformation and data transport amongst a diverse portfolio of technology applications within the charity. You will deal with complex support matters related to integrations and work closely with the Senior database administrator and the Data & Insights team to resolve reporting problems and/or enhance management information.
The core objective of the role is to connect data sources from a variety of platforms and API based endpoints between systems and/or into purpose defined repositories, including data warehousing.
To design integrations from the ground up and bring them into service in a secure and sustainable way. Teamwork is essential for this role as you’ll be working closely with I.S. colleagues, particularly the IS Business partner(s), to provide expert guidance, direction and support for relevant solutions that resolve operational problems and/or enhance the services on offer.
If you excel in an environment where you can see the difference you make every day then this is the role for you. Interested? Then apply and lets work together to see if this is the role for you.
Want to know more the detail? Great! We have attached the job description which hopefully gives you everything you need.
What is required?
We are looking for people with the following:
• Demonstrable experience working in a systems integration development capacity
• Proficient with MS Power Platform & similar low code applications
• Expert SQL skills - T-SQL (SP, Views, SSRS, SSIS)
• Experience in delivering complex data structure integration using SFTP/MFT, XML, API, JSON, and SOAP and REST automation/Web services
• Confident with the use of DevOps and/or code release management
• Proven capability of requirements interpretation and analysis, referencing for engagement with end-users and compiling technical documentation and instructions
• Security awareness and understanding in relation to data storage and transport
It would also be great if you had:
• Understanding of KingswaySoft, Azure Server/services, Azure AD, Powershell, and Power BI is advantageous
• Working knowledge of VB script
• Working knowledge using Azure data platforms
• Experience migrating data from on premise to cloud solutions
• Working knowledge using Azure Data-Factory and best practices to create data flows
• Understanding SQL data flows
• Working knowledge with DAX expressions used in commercial settings
• Working knowledge of some or all the following is highly desirable; CRM solutions, clinical/veterinary practice management systems, financial/ERP applications
Why work for Blue Cross?
• 38 days annual leave (including bank holidays)
• Hybrid working with the option to work remotely 3 days a week
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Holiday exchange & enhanced parental leave
• Annual volunteer days
• Long service awards, starting from 5 years
• Huge range of discounts across high street stores, insurance services & more
To read more about the benefits Blue Cross has to offer, please visit the 'why work for us' page on our website.
How to apply :
Click the apply button below and complete the online application process before the closing date on Sunday 12 February 2023.
Interviews will be held w/c Monday 20th February 2023 and will be virtual via Teams.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
At Blue Cross we are passionate about our commitment to diversity, inclusion and removing barriers, should you like to discuss any reasonable adjustments or changes to our recruitment process to support you to be your best then please get in touch. You can get in touch with us either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, via telephone on 01993 825515 or if you would prefer a video call then we can arrange this using Microsoft Teams.
Blue Cross holds inclusion as a core organisational value. We positively encourage applications from suitably qualified, experienced and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital status or pregnancy and maternity. We actively embrace our differences and know that it is our differences that make us unique. You are very welcome at Blue Cross, without the need to hide any part of who you are.
Job title: Integration Specialist