How the travel company dramatically reduced its agency reliance and spend by partnering with Webrecruit.
Lowcosttravelgroup (LCTG) has been providing customers and the trade with affordable travel options since 2004. With brands across the world, it is an award-winning business that challenges traditional travel operators by providing better value holidays for everyone at low prices.
The team behind LCTG, led by HR Director, Roger Parks, comprised a close-knit team of HR professionals who work on behalf of the group’s hiring managers. After recognising that the business had the tools, talent and brand to develop a sustainable direct sourcing strategy, Roger set out to identify a partner who could help realise his vision.
However, LCTG’s main challenges included:
- An overstretched HR team who lacked the resources to manage applicants efficiently
- Not knowing which resources would power the employer brand and would deliver the most relevant talent and ROI
- Identifying a partner who could help the team become self-sufficient, instead of opting to use costly recruitment consultancies
Webrecruit partnered with LCTG to help them implement a complete direct sourcing strategy. This encompassed the following:
- Applicant management, talent pool capability and reporting technology
- Cost-effective UK and international job board and branded social media advertising
- Instant access to a flexible recruitment model that would reduce agency reliance and spend
- The appointment of a dedicated virtual resourcer, to improve the candidate experience
It took just over one year for LCTG to successfully implement a direct sourcing strategy and reap the long term benefits. Within this period, the company achieved a number of objectives, ranging from financial to those affecting the way its team co-operated, ensuring it was at the forefront of cost-effective talent attraction.
- Creation of a direct sourcing strategy, with the ability to bring recruitment in-house
- Stopped nearly 60% of their vacancies going to traditional agencies
- Made £78,375 in recruitment savings
- Implemented an applicant tracking system that made their staff more productive
- Identified recruitment advertising sources which could deliver the best return
- Introduced new ways of working with hiring managers that improved communication
On a like-for-like basis, had we used traditional agencies we’d be nearly £80,000 down. Instead, Webrecruit’s ability to attract the right candidates meant we reduced our recruitment spend by 68%. This was money we could re-invest back into our teams to make us even stronger as an employer of choice.”
– Roger Parks, HR Director, lowcosttravelgroup.
Want to learn more?
Find out how Webrecruit can reduce your agency reliance through transitioning to direct sourcing.