How the leading consumables business works with Webrecruit to attract candidates and recruit for their 70-strong sales team across the UK.
Part of the RECA Group, RECA-UK distributes a wide range of high quality consumable products to over 7,000 active customers across the UK. Their large, knowledgeable sales force also provides technical advice on over 5,500 product lines.
RECA-UK’s recruitment is managed by its Managing Director, David Dobson. David oversees the advertising for all vacancies within the 70-strong sales organisation and provides sign off when needed.
On average, the business makes between 10 – 15 hires per year, encompassing new sales roles, as well as replacing some existing positions. As sales roles have a high attrition rate, David will need to replace approximately 10% of the staff who will naturally move on from the business, as well as expanding the team.
The main challenges that RECA-UK faces include:
- Attracting high quality sales staff across the UK, particularly in areas close to London
- Expanding the team and replacing existing staff members quickly, so it doesn’t affect business as usual
- No central recruitment point of contact, therefore David has limited time to sift through CVs to find the relevant candidates
RECA-UK partners with Webrecruit to recruit for sales staff across the UK. They achieve this through national advertising campaigns, encompassing targeted recruitment copywriting and exposure across a carefully selected mix of job boards.
It’s important that RECA-UK’s job advertisements are able to reach talented sales candidates in all areas, so access to a wide breadth of job boards is key. Webrecruit advertises RECA-UK’s vacancies on a mix of generalist job boards, targeted sales job boards, our own website and LinkedIn. This ensures that the company’s vacancies gain maximum reach for each location.
To help David manage the incoming response, Webrecruit also filters out any unsuitable CVs, leaving him with a selection of experienced applicants.
It takes a long time to sift through CVs and read behind them – finding high quality sales people is hard and it takes a certain sixth sense to get the right person. There are usually too many applications to wade through which isn’t the best way to spend my time. Webrecruit filters out all the poor quality candidates.”
Over the past two years alone, RECA-UK has advertised 75 vacancies using Webrecruit’s services. We have helped the business recruit for sales roles in a wide range of locations across the UK.
RECA-UK has achieved the following results since partnering with Webrecruit:
- Sales roles recruited for nationally, using Webrecruit’s mix of advertising sources
- Time saved reviewing irrelevant CVs, using the CV filtering service
- Vacancies set up and advertised fast, thanks to efficient Client Relationship Managers
- Applications managed and candidate details easily accessed via our candidate management technology
I’d recommend your services – during my six years working with you, my Client Relationship Managers have all been helpful, efficient and very knowledgeable – you know what you’re talking about. I’ve worked with other advertising partners but this keeps me coming back to Webrecruit.”
– David Dobson, MD, RECA-UK.
Want to learn more?
Find out how Webrecruit can assist with your recruitment advertising and talent attraction efforts.